CNC Machinist required
Based: Old Dalby
Purpose: To produce machined parts to the highest standard in order to ensure quality of production is maintained prior to inspection.
- To check all drawings and material specs for issues or problems prior to the production process in order to aid the flow of production;
- To prepare machine and job set-up in line with Company procedures so that Quality standards are maintained throughout the process;
- To carry out machining procedures as directed and to individual capability level in line with associated drawings;
- Ensuring quality is of the highest standard by taking responsibility for the end result, so as to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction;
- To carry out effective handover of parts to the Pattern Makers and to act as their mentor for the finishing part of the process;
- To carry out any cutting and bonding, and/or flatting and sealing procedures as directed and as necessary to meet the needs of the business;
- To be responsible for the maintenance of assigned machines to include oil levels, filter cleaning, cleanliness so as to ensure they operate effectively and breakdowns are avoided;
- To be responsible for own work area, ensuring it is kept tidy and free form debris at all times.
- To ensure that all documentation is filled out appropriately;
- To contribute towards continuous improvements in processes and working practice, in order to maximise the Company’s use of resources.
Personal Qualities and Experience
To have experience with:
- A good level of 5 and 3 axis CNC machine operating and programming experience and understanding;
- A good level of preparation work to include tooling, block bonding and cutting;
- A good understanding of tools and materials used within the machining environment;
- A good standard of general education;
- The ability to read and understand a variety of technical drawings;
- Excellent time management, personal organisational skills and self-motivation;
- Ability to work flexibly and to manage conflicting and changing priorities;
- A responsible attitude;
- Good people skills for building relationships with colleagues at all levels;
- The ability to plan and prioritise;
- Accuracy with record keeping;
- Good time management and personal organisational skills;
- The ability to recognise when a problem should be escalated;
- A flexible approach to extended hours during busy periods;
Results driven: you demonstrate a passion and excitement for your work; tackling problems head on always looking for resolutions.
Focus on excellence: you are willing to go the extra mile to exceed expectations; continually searching for ways to add value.
Excellent teamwork and collaboration: you work for the benefit of internal and external customers, suppliers and the wider team; proactively building knowledge through sharing ideas and expertise with others.
Customer Focused: you are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of your internal and external customers.
Communication: You clearly communicate ideas, plans and priorities to others; making good communication a priority so there are no surprises.
Operational Excellence: you plan and organise work to safely achieve maximum efficiency and output; delivering results consistently.
Adaptability: You learn quickly and adapt positively to changing business and customer demands; energised by change.
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable company that is passionate about what we create and what we achieve; growing rapidly in a niche and exciting industry. We offer a great deal of job satisfaction and security with a competitive salary package in a supportive environment.
Please send your CV with covering letter to Laura Campbell by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org